Thread: Sometimes even I have to chuckle at the NYT

Sometimes even I have to chuckle at the NYT

One of the most valued sections for me in the Times is the food section. I have hundreds of recipes downloaded and filed. Most are excellent, some are failures---in which case I have to wonder what the creator did that failed to make it into the recipe

That said, there are times when I can't avoid laughing and today is one of them:

The recipes in Emily Weinstein’s Five Weeknight Dishes newsletter this week are aimed at making you a better cook. Glazed tofu with chile and star anise calls for searing a block of tofu then tearing it apart, to better soak up sauce. Ritzy Cheddar chicken breasts use crushed crackers for an amazing crunch. And for velvety scrambled eggs, J. Kenji López-Alt calls for poaching beaten eggs in cream — it’s not as fussy as it sounds.
    All righty then
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

How to tell your grown kids it's time to move out without having to tell them.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    How to tell your grown kids it's time to move out without having to tell them.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis