Thread: Tucker Carlson And His Most Recent Pack of Lies

Tucker Carlson And His Most Recent Pack of Lies

I think everyone here probably knows what Carlson did on Monday night, so I won't go into it here. If anyone has been hiding under a rock and missed the news, here is a LINK. It is but one of many that are available with a search.

So, what happens now that Carlson has outdone himself and told the biggest lie of his career on Fox News? Personally, I think he should be fired because lying to the American public about something as serious as what happened on Jan. 6 is simply unacceptable. Even if he is considered to be an entertainer and not a reporter. I see little distinction when content is broadcast by a purported news organization. Fox News, already tainted by it's dishonesty, just stooped to a new low. Perhaps their license should be revoked. I wonder if that is protected by the 1st Amendment?

Related to this incident, what about the Speaker of the House giving 40,000 hours of video showing the happenings at the Capitol Building on Jan. 6 to Carlson exclusively? Is that legal? Shouldn't real news organizations have the same access as this "entertainer"?

If it were not for the 1st Amendment, I'd say draw and quarter him.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I could not agree more---for both of them---but I am more angered by mccarthy. pucker is nothing more than a public whore devoid of any sense of honesty or ethics. mccarthy, on the other hand---took an oath---which clearly he failed to listen too. Nothing short of a public drumming out of office would begin to give him his due reward
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Apparently I live under a rock because I couldn't pick Carlson out of a lineup if I had to...But I read the link, and from what I have also read of the events of 1/6 it was an attempted coup and insurrection...All who participated or conspired to make it happen need to swing by the neck from a rope...Many are guilty of treason from that day, and some are just willing, stupid dupes......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Well , I ain't gonna hold my breath waiting for one of y'all to tell men what Tucker lied about.

His two main points were ,

1. Sistnick was not bludgeoned to death

2. The dude in the res hat lied to Congress

3. There were several , possibly 100 violent people and several hundred who walked into the capitol .[ there should be punishment BUT ] should they be locked up for two years without being charged ?
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

Everything he twisted and spun was a lie. Sistnick was already debunked by the autopsy. I'm not going to waste my time trying to dispute this BS.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

My submission to Fox News:

Fox News claims to be America's best source for news, yet it employees and allows Tucker Carlson to espouse the craziest conspiracy theories anyone can imagine. America does not deserve the continuing lies about the 2020 election and the January 6th insurrection at the Capital Building from a news source seeking credibility. If Tucker Carlson is retained after his latest January 6th denial, Fox News will lose any credibility it might still have.

Please terminate Tucker Carlson and apologize to the American public for his statements.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

"The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

An excellent move, Mike. As a result, I'm also sending a letter to Fox News utilizing the same points you made (and CCing the FCC).

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    But it sells newspapers…. Unfortunately

everyone who entered the Capitol grounds conspired to remove the barricades by assaulting a police officer’s.. entering the building is another conspiracy to assault an LEO.. and then there are the tapes.. lock ‘Em up, no bail..
    Last edited by Sandman; 03-09-2023 at 03:20 AM.

The really sad part is that there are good people that continue to believe this crap