Thread: The start of each day

The start of each day

One of the things that I value in retirement is the ability to "see" the world around me. I used to eat breakfast in a restaurant without a view of the the world beyond. Now I begin my day looking out vast windows----and my "new" world beyond.

I say my morning prayers with my eyes open, looking at the day the Lord has made and giving thanks for that. Prior to beginning, I check the weather in Kyiv. That helps keep me in touch with all those in Ukraine who I pray for.

As a side note: The media has made much of the "brutal" Ukrainian winter. At least this year, it is very similar to PA.

Below is this morning's meditative venue.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	today.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	282.8 KB 
ID:	39484
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I like the contrast between the deciduous and evergreen plants.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead