Thread: Catholic Education

Catholic Education

The value of a Catholic education and a #2 pencil.
    Little Susie was not the best student in Catholic School . Usually she slept through the class. One day her teacher, a Nun, called on her while she was sleeping.'Tell me Susie, who created the universe?' When Susie didn't stir, little Johnny who was her friend sitting behind her, took his pencil and jabbed her in the rear. 'God Almighty!' shouted Susie.
    The Nun said, 'Very good' and continued teaching her class.. A little later the Nun asked Susie, 'Who is our Lord and Savior?' But Susie didn't stir from her slumber. Once again, Johnny came to her rescue and stuck her in the butt.
    'Jesus Christ!!!' shouted Susie.And the Nun once again said, 'Very good', and Susie fell back asleep. The Nun asked her a third question...'What did Eve say to Adam after she had her twenty-third child?'
    Again, Johnny came to the rescue. This time Susie jumped up and shouted, 'If you stick that damn thing in me one more time, I'll break it in half!'
    The nun fainted.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

I think it's funny, and I like hearing humor of all kinds, from all sources...It's not only an outlet for pent-up emotion, but an inlet to the minds of others, revealing what a person finds humorous...Just don't make fun of the way I dress, it's all I can afford these days you insensitive clods!...

Good 'un, Eric......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I wonder if you were on the receiving end if you'd feel that way.
    Looking around (and in my own mirror) I think it's obvious God has a sense of humor too...

And even the beasts of the field can get into the act...

Life is short, let's dance!......Ben

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jerks.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	73.1 KB 
ID:	39482Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dancer.gif 
Views:	22 
Size:	349.9 KB 
ID:	39483
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

how do you stop a Jewish woman from having Sex?

Marry Her
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

While I might not count by virtue of being a convert---that is an old joke that I found funny when I first heard it and still find humor in it. There are far too many things in this world that could be offensive, but in my world that is simply humor with no offense taken.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I would hope we haven't become a place were different opinions are banned-----BTW----in that scenario who gets to pick the "right" opinion?
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I'm Jewish and I will Crack Jewish jokes that I find funny all day long

What I am about to post is not aimed at, or singling out any member. It is my opinion of everyday life in our screwed up world, and particularly on this site.

No one is required to read any thread on this site. If the title doesn't reveal the content, it doesn't take long to figure it out and move on to a different thread, or just leave the site and come back another time. I could tell where this joke was going before finishing the first sentence. No need to read further if I felt I was going to be offended.

This site will never become politically correct, or woke (by any of its definitions). We don't cater to snowflakes or any other overly sensitive culture that wishes for society to follow their special interest rules.

If a person lives to be offended, I can assure you they will find something offensive to them every day. Even if it wasn't offensive to them the day before.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I didn't do any such thing. If I want you to leave I will tell you straight out.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    I can’t speak for everyone.. but IMHO..

As I age, I have discovered that my fellow geezers have lost some of their inhibitions.. they speak more openly than in years gone by.. they just do.. (benefit is that elderly relatives are more likely to tell true family stories, not the “Susie sunshine” version we heard as kids..

I have a so realized that the best religious jokes are told by the subject sect to the subject sect.

I am Catholic, 8 of 12 school years were Catholic Education. As Mike said, after the first sentence of the post I knew where it was going.. The joke is told by a non-Catholic to a target audience of non-Catholics.. the joke is cute even cleaver but not at all accurate .. The Good Sisters are exponentially sharper than most jokes give them credit..

But I’m not offended, been hearing “cute jokes” my entire life.. (yes, some “jokes” are so far from reality that they are offensive)..

On the other hand I’m sure my Baptist and Mormon jokes are pretty stupid to Baptists and Mormons.. I’ve pretty much stopped telling religious jokes except to other Catholics..

Just let it go..

I grew up listening to insensitive humor. Richard Pryor was the greatest comedian of my generation. He was the funniest man alive.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Yeah, I'm obviously late to the party.

Reading through the responses to the original post I found myself thinking, "This thread has it all - like a good theatrical production."

No, I'm not making light of the responses. Our members who posted in this thread did so with their own personal reactions, which I do not think is a surprise. We all know each other well. When we first came here, some of us would have gone to war and would have divided up as allies or enemies over an issue like this. What I'm getting at is this thread mirrors us and our interactions.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead