Thread: Housing costs

Housing costs

....for the most part are hanging on---with a few notable exceptions:

The housing slump could deepen further this year, according to Goldman Sachs (GS).

Data from the investment bank shows that out of the 25 largest metropolitan areas in the U.S., four cities are grappling with an oversupply, signaling a bumpy forecast ahead.

While overall housing inventory still remains tight, these four cities are seeing more homes for sale now than in January 2020. By the fourth quarter of 2024, the firm expects home prices to fall 19% in Austin, 16% in Phoenix, 15% in San Francisco, and 12% in Seattle.
    Added in edit:

All of our remaining properties have increased in value in the past month based on "Zestimate".
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I remember being shocked to learn our house was valued at $100G 20 years ago. I thought that was an amount only rich people would have spent. Now we've got "starter homes" beginning at $400G. Meanwhile, developers are building apartments/condos as fast as they can.

Wifey and I are still in our first home after buying it 35 years ago. Yeah, we've dealt with other properties, but we still come back home.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

so I have been in my house for 11 years. We bought it for 535K 1700 sq ft 3 bed two bath, 2 car garage, living room and family room on a 10,000 sq ft lot. Estimated Value today is 1.2 million. The house is a single story ranch style house built in 1971. These days this lot would have 2 multistory homes separated by 8 feet and a back yard that could hold a patio table 4 chairs and a char grill. my back yard is 20x 40 yards and gives you room to live.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"