Thread: TSA Finds Foldable Pistol

TSA Finds Foldable Pistol

TSA finds foldable pistol in carry-on bag at Salt Lake City Airport.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ts...2b316326&ei=72

I obviously am not keeping up with handgun trends - and had no clue these existed.

https://trailblazerfirearms.com/lifecard-gun/

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Slow draw redefined
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

They've been around for a while now. Not much use that I can see.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    The number of people that show up at a TSA checkpoint with a firearm is shocking (to me)..

If we changed the law so that a first time offender would not go to prison but rather get a probation of 5-10 years and a condition of probation is that they couldn’t own or possess or touch a firearm.. the intent is not to deny someone a firearm but rather to stop firearms appearing at airports..

Virginia had a similar domestic violence proposal.. there were a lot fewer women with black eyes..

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    The number of people that show up at a TSA checkpoint with a firearm is shocking (to me)..

If we changed the law so that a first time offender would not go to prison but rather get a probation of 5-10 years and a condition of probation is that they couldn’t own or possess or touch a firearm.. the intent is not to deny someone a firearm but rather to stop firearms appearing at airports......
    How would that help the problem of stupid people bringing guns into airports? After all these years of the laws against weapons in airports, people still bring them seemingly on a daily basis. Hell, there are even signs posted that they walk past on their way to commit a federal crime. Like the saying goes, "there ain't no fixin' stupid"!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    I agree.. my thought is that my buddies that don’t listen to the news always know about firearms legislation (not always correctly, but they know about it).. when the domestic violence bill was pending that would deny firearms ownership or handling while on probation .. they all knew.. when the “red flag” legislation was pending, again they all knew (mostly misinformed, but they knew).. so, if bringing a firearm to an airport would result in probation and firearm restrictions while on probation.. they would know..

Just trying to figure How to spread the word…

BTW.. Was at a party in Southwest Virginia near Virginia Tech.. a friend was telling two of us from DC Metro area that he was coming up for a big Virginia Tech football game at FedEx Field (NFL).. we advised that he didn’t want a hotel near the stadium, no matter how good the deal.. really wanted to drive back to Virginia (10 miles)…. We are advised that it’s ok because he has a carry permit.. you could hear a pin drop.. he couldn’t believe that his permit was not honored in Prince George’s Maryland and the DC jail is probably Safer than PG.. and he would see the inside of the PG jail (they had a States Attorney that made a hanging judge look like a softie).. just an example of some who doesn’t Pay attention to what’s going on..

It seems the TSA is doing a pretty good job at stopping the weapons before they get on aircraft. That's only supposition on my part because we will never know how many weapons actually flew. All we will know about are those weapons that are used on an aircraft and I don't recall any of those recently.

I'm all for a mandatory banning of firearms ownership and any manner of possession for a lengthy period, at least 10 years, with no early termination, upon conviction of possessing a weapon in airports. No deals, no deferred adjudication. Maybe some jail time, too, depending on the circumstances and criminal history. Lifetime ban if weapon was intended to be used for a criminal act, and a hefty jail sentence to go with it.

A second conviction would carry a lifetime ban of firearms ownership or possession. Period. No chance of redemption. And, a minimum of 20 years in jail, no early parole. This person is too stupid to own a firearm.