Thread: USAF NUKE Commanders fired

USAF NUKE Commanders fired

Last edited by TriGuy; 03-01-2023 at 09:29 PM.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Jeez...The most important part of their jobs, and they screw it up?......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

"There is no indication that the failed inspection was related to the handling of a nuclear weapon itself."
    - CNN

Let's hope that's accurate. Messing with nukes ain't a good thing.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    "There is no indication that the failed inspection was related to the handling of a nuclear weapon itself."
    - CNN

Let's hope that's accurate. Messing with nukes ain't a good thing.

Hunter
    Then the next sentence reads:
    Another defense official said the failure was for “non-compliance vehicle and equipment safety inspections."
    If the violation involved a vehicle, then it most certainly involved "handling" a nuke...Granted, I only ever "handled" nuclear devices on the flightline, and always singly using an MJ-1 bomb lift truck which most certainly is compliant, but a different AFSC would have brought the ordnance to the flightline in another vehicle...It would be interesting to me to know the details of the infraction(s)......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I sent this to my daughter and SIL. Both were assigned to Minot as their first "permanent" duty station. I haven't heard anything from my daughter but I know she was working night shifts this week. I think my SIL is in or in route to Israel--I got a one word reaction---"bummer".

It doesn't take much in the military to screw up your career---damn shame the same does not apply to politicians
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis