Thread: They must wear steel tip shoes

They must wear steel tip shoes

... politicians that is:

Stub your toe much desantis?

. Florida governor Ron DeSantis traveled this week to New York City, Philadelphia, and Chicago to insist those Democratic-led cities were crime-ridden, although as human rights lawyer Qasim Rashid pointed out, Florida has a 19% higher rape rate, 66% higher murder rate, and 280% higher burglary rate than New York.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Figures never lie.. but liars often figure..

Perception and presentation…. IE: we are planning a “Broadway Binge” for our anniversary.. Shall ride Amtrak to Penn Station, stay in a small hotel on 45th Street, by St Patrick’s and see two Broadway shows (Hamilton and Chicago (front row center, first mezzanine, best seats in the house.. and my goofy geezerass scored them at face$$)).. Shared info with friends and Houston and Richmond friends believe us to be insane, would be safer to visit Yemen or Ukraine.. perception and presentation..

Note two:.. I get similar reactions when people find out that I’m in alone in DC and on the subway often..

I hear you on that----according to my local friends I should have been mugged, shot, hauled to the river and given new shoes and further imaginative but life altering events in the 15 years I spent working and wondering bout the deadly streets of Jersey City, NYC (including the Bronx) and Long Island---alone and unarmed----at times I think some were disappointed in my lack of misadventure
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    We sometimes go to events at the Capital One Center (NBA & NHL home) and to Chinatown adjoining..

DC is an alpha numeric grid .. We park in Smithsonian lot at 9th and B (really Constitution Ave but B on the grid) walk up 9th street to F and then over to 7th & F.. THE 2 blocks of F street are double wide open sidewalks in front of the Smithsonian Portrait gallery, Chinatown around the arena is like Times Square and and the four blocks of 9 th street are lined with DOJ buildings on the west side, yes, there are people lurking in the shadows.. Police Officer People.. yet I am continually warned to stop going to Chinatown that it’s too dangerous..

And yes,there are parts of DC and Maryland that I avoid..

Yeah, I think we can go to and enjoy ourselves in what others consider unsafe areas. Wifey and I like to travel to places Americans aren't necessarily welcome in. But, like our members here, it doesn't mean we ignore risk.

We try to ensure we don't isolate ourselves or flash money, etc. There were a few times in the Mexican outback, and in Egypt, when civilians would try to convince us to come with them to some special out-of-the-way place. We chose not to go with them. It's just not worth the risk.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead