Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Up up and away

That was a much better view than I had seen previously. Thanks!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Still going to be a hard impact.. the ocean isn’t that forgiving at the speed that it will be traveling..

Despite the finger pointing and blame being assigned.. I’ll believe that there was a chit load of subject matter experts brainstorming options on a multi day “zoom” .. not Biden making a decision in a vacuum..
    I think the biggest concern with shooting it down over land was the potential for disaster when the debris reached the ground.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Word from those who track them. There was a Cobra Ball monitoring it while it was in our airspace .

Forgot to add for those who are unaware .. https://duckduckgo.com/?q=cobra+ball+rc-135&t=h_&ia=web

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	329209572_1351167295733322_1788082541890327090_n.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	274.2 KB 
ID:	39423/Users/richardmaxwell/Desktop/329209572_1351167295733322_1788082541890327090_n.j pg

This is the track from one of the sorties.
    Last edited by Independent Voter; 02-04-2023 at 07:39 PM.
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

Hey Ben! Do you know these folks? This picture was intercepted from the Chinese spy balloon and traced to the Conroe, Texas area.

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Hey Ben! Do you know these folks? This picture was intercepted from the Chinese spy balloon and traced to the Conroe, Texas area.]
    Those are definitely East County folks...They're not normally seen in daylight unless they need to make an emergency run for spare parts for the meth cooker......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Ah, yes! East County. It makes sense now.

Pentagon just revealed that 3 Chinese Balloons over flew the US during the Trump admin and one right at the beginning of Biden. Trump Sec of Defense Esper said he did not know about it...

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...x.html?tab=all
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Just found this video where you can actually hear the sound of the explosion.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRGBMD3B/
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

"The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

AHHHH!!...My eyes!...Pass the Clorox quick!......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    AHHHH!!...My eyes!...Pass the Clorox quick!......Ben
    Me too Ben. Pass the cleaner.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

And we have the balloon and its payload

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/07/polit...tos/index.html