Thread: May they rest in piece

May they rest in piece

.....and in God's forgiveness

How very sad
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

What am I missing?
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    What am I missing?
    The link!
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Sad, I wonder why they felt the need to do this.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

The update is appreciated, Dave.

It's just odd to me that a family would kill themselves. Heck, in this day and age, and in American society, we can fix most things if the people involved want to fix them.

Three of my friends ended their own lives. And, I did not see it coming. I can say this, though - it's hard for the remaining family to get over such deaths. A roommate of mine killed himself during the Xmas season. As a result, it's all his family can do to make it through the holidays.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Sad, I wonder why they felt the need to do this.
    It's something I've never understood...Life is too precious......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    It's something I've never understood...Life is too precious......Ben
    Found that out the hard way Ben. Wound up an infection and by the time I got back to the hospital they didn't think I'd make it. 13 day in the heart ward and 3 months in a nursing home getting IV every 4 hrs convinced me that I'm here for a purpose and want to spend the most of it alive.

Not sure about this family but there's support system to help if one reaches out.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'