Last Saturday we enjoyed the vegetable soup I had made on Friday (and left to age outside). By Sunday morning, following the football party Saturday---there was enough soup left for my breakfast

So, now I am taking a little time away from my more gourmet menus---last night was porterhouse steak and brussels sprout gratin. Tonight will be a bit more "homey" with fried cabbage (and yes I will use lard for that) and kielbasa. Cabbage BTW is in fact an excellent "health food"---low in calories, carbs and sugar.

Waiting in the freezer for sometime next week is English bangers that I will make with mashed potatoes (bangers and mash ) , with onion gravy and peas.

My trips to England were never accompanied by great foods. I always stayed in International Hotels so I could get a good breakfast---knowing the rest of the day could be a food desert. My go to fare was fish and chips and bangers and mash.

As always, I tried to "fit in" and I did try steak and kidney pie and haggis-----being a PA Dutchman I was raised eating a lot of offal---but we never managed to screw it up that bad