Thread: 3 for Courts Martial

3 for Courts Martial

do the crime against your oath on duty and you should have to pay the price in both the civilian and military justice systems

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/20/polit..._blogfooterold
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

I would prefer they be tried by the military on the charges with the toughest possible outcomes. I think the military will be much harder on them than a civilian court as this goes against everything the military holds dear. I doubt they could be face the same charges in both jurisdictions due to that probably being double jeopardy.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I doubt they could be face the same charges in both jurisdictions due to that probably being double jeopardy.
    Not the same charges, but they can be charged by both jurisdictions...Under the UCMJ after a civilian criminal court is through with them, and the punishments meted out by that system have been satisfied, they can then be taken into custody by Military Police to face any appropriate charges under the UCMJ...This was the system when I was in the military, and I am not aware of any changes since then......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

"Abate allegedly said in the interview that when he saw the riot was being “portrayed negatively,” he decided not to tell anyone about his involvement."
    - CNN

And yet, in broad daylight, they rioted in front of media cameras. Obviously, we're not dealing with the best and brightest here.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead