Thread: Keeping a secret for 50 years...

Keeping a secret for 50 years...

And being honored for the achievement after 70 years...
    “The heroism and valor he demonstrated for 35 harrowing minutes 70 years ago in the skies over the North Pacific and the coast of North Korea saved the lives of his fellow pilots, shipmates, and crew. His story is one for the ages, but is now being fully told.”
    Another belated honor awarded to a now 97 year old veteran......Ben

The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

You have to wonder how many incidents of this type or worse have happened around the world and have been hushed up by many sides.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Thank you for your heroic service sir
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

"On the deck on the carrier, Navy crew counted 263 holes in Williams’ plane. It was in such poor shape, it was pushed off the ship into the sea, according to the Navy Memorial account."
    - CMM

It's cool that history caught up with Williams. Even as a hero, he's outstanding.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead