Thread: RV furnace went out on Ruth

RV furnace went out on Ruth

She was too warm so she turned it off. In the morning it would run for 15 seconds then shut off. Classic Sail switch failure. I took the switch out today. It was a bit sticky. Worked it back and forth for a minute and it got nice and loose. Reinstalled it and also cycled the reset switch. Turn the furnace on and it fired right up. I've turned it on a few more times today and its working flawlessly.

Here are some photos so that if any of you have the same issue in the field you can correct it in just a few minutes

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230122_111205.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	334.6 KB 
ID:	39401Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230122_111333.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	190.9 KB 
ID:	39402Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230122_111348.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	183.4 KB 
ID:	39403
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

OK, looked up Sail Switch and get it now.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    I have been educated.. on the road in the camper now..

That's an extremely common problem with RV furnaces. If you use your furnace and haven't had it, you probably eventually will.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Nice to have a handyman around the house. Saves big $$$$$
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Nice to have a handyman around the house. Saves big $$$$$
    I will do little projects but I will not touch Natural Gas or major Electrical. Nothing that an Insurance Argent would ask "Who was the Lic Contractor that screwed this up and burned your house down". I will swap out switches and light fixtures, water faucets, but nothing that runs though walls or in the crawl space under the house.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"