Thread: 4x4 and tires

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

4x4 and tires

I can't tell you how many folks question why I have a dually 4x4 with M+S rated tires. Ruth had the answer on the road to a facility where she is one of the exhibition riders. The area flooded last week, and many of the roads are still covered in wet mud. She encountered just that and other rigs could not get through. She slipped it into 4x4, put it in 3rd and let the diesel do its thing without spinning the tires much and went right on through horse trailer in tow pulling right around some stuck non 4x4 rigs. That's my girl
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Kudos on the tires, TG. They're like wearing shoes for the task at hand - regardless if they're Louis Vuitton or not. It's all about function.

I'm one of those tire/wheel nuts who has two sets for every vehicle - cause Winter & Summer have extraordinarily different road conditions.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Kudos on the tires, TG. They're like wearing shoes for the task at hand - regardless if they're Louis Vuitton or not. It's all about function.

I'm one of those tire/wheel nuts who has two sets for every vehicle - cause Winter & Summer have extraordinarily different road conditions.

Hunter

Couple of years ago we were on a trip through Washington and Oregon in our truck/camper set up. Our friends have a similar set up but their truck was rear wheel drive with a locking differential. He always bragged that you didn't need 4x4 with his set up. Until that trip. We were meeting up in the cascades and he found himself with the front end on dry pavement and the rear in ice and slush and got stuck. He had to get pulled out. I was in 4x4 and never noticed when we pulled in 30 minutes later. He now has a 4x4 with M+S tires lol
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    BFG A/T are the best snow tire that I’ve had.. but can be a little loud..

No substitute for 4WD and good tires when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    BFG A/T are the best snow tire that I’ve had...
    Ding ding ding - my tire of choice for Winter on the Jeep.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Ding ding ding - my tire of choice for Winter on the Jeep.

Hunter
    It's all I ran on my 72 FJ40
    Last edited by TriGuy; 01-24-2023 at 09:29 PM.