Thread: ATF Explains What Is A Pistol

ATF Explains What Is A Pistol

Don't use this as legal advice, it is satire!

VIDEO
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I'm pretty good at reading legal documents, but I have to say this new regulation is like reading a recipe for dog food.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

This new regulation is insane. The ATF says it is in the interest of "safety". I don't see that at all, if it is a pistol, it is by definition less accurate than a rifle and any means of stability should be a help in avoiding stray rounds. A 5.56 round is fairly "hot" making the pistol more difficult to control .vs the same weapon called a rifle configured with a stock. Where is the "safety" in denying the brace?

This is also a 180° turn from their previous years-long approval of the brace for absolutely no reason other than to harass gun owners. How can they approve a weapon configuration and then suddenly say no, it is not approved. ATF requested public comments on the new rule and received over 237,000 comments of which 217,000 opposed the rule. They made it anyway.

ATF is out of control and hopefully Congress is about to rein them in.

[on edit]

Why does it take 293 pages to make this new rule? Really? I think it is intentionally convoluted to ensnare as many gun owners as possible.

Disclaimer: I don't own one of these type weapons, so I don't have a horse in this race. I could never see how it could benefit me since a standard handgun is easier to control, making it easier to hit your target. It also is way overpowered to use for home protection, so what could I possibly do with one other than plinking? My only concern is what's next? Gotta stop it now.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I know of one lawsuit that's already been filed. I'm sure they'll be more. I'm in a holding pattern trying to decide what to do.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    I know of one lawsuit that's already been filed. I'm sure they'll be more. I'm in a holding pattern trying to decide what to do.
    You have a good bit if time.

There is at least one bill filed in Congress to overturn the rule, and multiple lawsuits have been filed. I really think the courts will overturn the ruling.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I really think the courts will overturn the ruling.
    As do I.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead