Thread: Trump trounces DeSantis in potential GOP primary match-up, new poll finds

Trump trounces DeSantis in potential GOP primary match-up, new poll finds

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...ew-poll-finds/

Trump trounces DeSantis in potential GOP primary match-up, new poll finds

Former President Trump holds at 17-point lead over Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) in a hypothetical GOP primary match-up, according to a new poll.

A Morning Consult poll released Wednesday showed Trump with 48 percent support among potential Republican primary voters, followed by DeSantis with 31 percent. Trump’s front-runner position differs from some polls since the November midterm elections, which have shown DeSantis closing the gap with Trump or taking a lead in some cases.

Former Vice President Mike Pence came in third with 8 percent, followed by former Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) with 3 percent. Former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley and Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) both received 2 percent.
    If this is correct we'll be in trouble.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Fred we got to Hope so. I see a lot of indicators that Trump support is waning. Even some of his most ardent supporters are coming around to the idea that he can't win.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

That poll is dramatically skewed more toward Trump than any other poll I've seen in recent months. I don't believe it due to more and more die-hard Trump supporters are telling me they no longer support him.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

He does not need to win if he's a spoiler. If he goes Independent, he'll draw votes away from a Republican.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead