Thread: Life at 70...

Life at 70...

...Years, not MPH...The Corvette E-Ray introduced today in its electric version is said to be the quickest and fastest Vette ever...
    The E-Ray is the quickest production Corvette in history, clocking a 2.5-second 0-60 mph time1 before breezing through the quarter-mile in 10.5 seconds.
    ...Ben

The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

My wife saw that on the news this morning------she said NO
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    My wife saw that on the news this morning------she said NO
    Why? Doesn't she believe in saving our planet through ecologically sound technology such as EV's?......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Electric motors, even the smaller ones, make some serious power.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Hey Ben, can I borrow a little bit of change? MSRP of $104,295
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

No sense of adventure
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FredK View Post
    Hey Ben, can I borrow a little bit of change? MSRP of $104,295
    Build your own cheaper, Fred...Old technology...This one is from 12 years ago......Ben

Here's a more detailed look, but I wish they'd lose the music......Ben

The coming Vette has a 6.2 liter gas engine one could easily power up.

Heck, the easy-to-achieve power start would be to increase breathing, get rid of exhaust pressure, and then do a hot cam (a much more expensive option).

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

That "dragster" could be much faster than it is. My MB S-550, which does 0-60 in 4.6 sec, does so because of the 4Matic. I have never experienced wheel spin under full throttle. The car in that video is only two wheel drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    That "dragster" could be much faster than it is. My MB S-550, which does 0-60 in 4.6 sec, does so because of the 4Matic. I have never experienced wheel spin under full throttle. The car in that video is only two wheel drive.
    The latest reference I found to the White Zombie in a quick search was from ten years ago...If that now 51 year old car is still in use on the drag strip, it may very well have improved its times, but I suspect its supporters moved on to other projects......Ben

I stand corrected with this 4 year old video......Ben

I think the dude feeling up the car enjoyed it a bit too much. I liked the funky green car on the side as well.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead