Thread: big big boom boom

big big boom boom

the damn ship(Iowa) got pushed sideways

"The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

I wouldn't want to be on the business end of that mother.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    I wouldn't want to be on the business end of that mother.
    Here's a pretty good depiction of the blast radius of the impact area......Ben

The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I like the guy laying in the crater outline for perspective.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Grandfather was aboard Iowa in 56-57.. Father was aboard New Jersey during Korea, he bought my mom a set of dishes in Japan, the 16in guns destroyed the China, in excelsior in barrels..

Before the turret explosion, Iowa pulled into NS Rota Spain on the way home from deployment, had been at sea for almost a month.. crew was restricted to on base liberty.. base Girl Scouts brought a rental truck of cookies to the pier, they sold out in less than an hour..

I am curious if they actually would fire all the guns simultaneously under combat conditions. Imagine the stress simultaneous firing puts on the hull

Of course, look at the stress the "catchers" of all that armament simultaneously incoming would have----put your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye soldier!
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis