Thread: Pork Tamales with red sauce

Pork Tamales with red sauce

Part 1
    The long part: Preparing the pork in the slow cooker . Big piece of bone in pork shoulder split in two, spices, chopped red onion, garlic cloves, water, bottle of Sam Adams Oktoberfest let it slow cook for 8 hours. It just fell of the bone when done and I fork shredded it. Simmered de seeded Ancho Chilies in the pork rendering then blended with more spices. Strained that back into the skillet added flour and olive oil and stirred over low heat for 10 minutes then mixed it in with the pork. Tomorrow I will soak the corn husks, make the masa and steam the tamales. While that's going on I will make up a chocolate mole sauce

simmering the Ancho peppers

post puree: spiced and filtered with flour and oil added to the skillet

"The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

mixed with the shredded pork

"The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Tamales are absolutely my favorite Mexican food. You're definitely making those the old-fashioned way. I prefer mine lathed in Verde sauce. I don't know what's going on with you but you've been throwing some big time grub up here the last few days.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Tamales are absolutely my favorite Mexican food. You're definitely making those the old-fashioned way. I prefer mine lathed in Verde sauce. I don't know what's going on with you but you've been throwing some big time grub up here the last few days.
    pouring rain, local flooding, fishing areas all unsafe so I'm stuck in the house and the wife is down in Los Angels for 4 days so I'm getting creative in the kitchen.

Tamales are steaming, now to make the Mole' sauce

Last edited by TriGuy; 01-15-2023 at 04:31 PM.

Man those look good. That's the traditional way they're done obviously. The last time I made a batch I made them in an instapot and they actually turned out pretty good.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    pouring rain, local flooding, fishing areas all unsafe so I'm stuck in the house and the wife is down in Los Angels for 4 days so I'm getting creative in the kitchen.
    that sounds like it could be dangerous.......or yummy!
    it's time to change the air in my head

get in me belly

served with chocolate mole' sauce

I'm not sure why they taste better when wrapped in corn husks - they just do.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead