Thread: A look at home heating costs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

A look at home heating costs

I just updated all the unit prices. This is in excel so it is a very simple calculation to run.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	161.7 KB 
ID:	39376Added in edit: See corrected table below.
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 01-13-2023 at 07:51 AM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Methinks something is wrong with your natural gas figures. I can't imagine it being at $7.32 / therm. Maybe /MBTU.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

You are correct, the decimal is in the wrong place, I'll correct it in the morning.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Corrected numbers:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	169.0 KB 
ID:	39379

Much better. Scared me for a second!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

There was more than a simple decimal problem. When I grabbed that price from PECO (Philadelphia Electric Company) it was only the gas portion of the bill without delivery charges.

Sorry for the error