Thread: Got my electric ears today

Got my electric ears today

Wow have hearing aids progressed over the term of my lifetime. These little bitty tiny things have so much technology that it's unbelievable. So far so good I don't really feel them on my ear and I'm hearing incredibly better.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    I like the “hearing assist inductive loop” that theaters now have.. one wears a lanyard around their neck plugged into an RF receiver and the theatre audio is connected to the ear buds.. some really neat stuff.. sure beats the headphone option..

Enjoy..

glad that is working out for you. I hope I never need them. When I had my last Dept Physical the year before I retired the docs were amazed at my hearing range. They said that they rarely see my results in anyone past their early teens. I thank genetics, ear plugs at concerts, and wearing ear protection at all times when using power tools,. that and I never owned a walkman or that type of device
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

huh?? whacha say??
    it's time to change the air in my head

Maybe I should look into an upgrade......Ben

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	say what.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	142.5 KB 
ID:	39374
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

That might be a tad cumbersome at times Ben, but the batteries never go bad
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Ben, when did you have that photo taken? Were you still overseas?
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Ben, when did you have that photo taken? Were you still overseas?
    I was still recovering from Covid so I may look a little pale and pekid in that photo...But I'm feeling much better now......Ben

The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Do they shut off if there is a sharp sound, such as gunfire?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    It depends on which way the gunfire is directed......Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I think I would probably choose to use hearing protection. I would suggest that they would not filter out that much noise as close to the units. They have something called augmented reality which I think is a fancy word for AI that automatically adjusts the unit to the environment that you were in. You also have the option to set the environment that you find yourself in like a crowded restaurant, or a concert etc. The kind I got was the signia stiletto AX7. The more I get into them I will be able to see how adaptable they are, but so far so good.

Man, those aren't cheap units. But, if they work it's worth it.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Lucky my Blue Cross advantage Medicare paid the bulk of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Lucky my Blue Cross advantage Medicare paid the bulk of it.
    winner
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Chicken dinner (my wife says when "winner" is spoken).

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead