Thread: More Overreach in Seattle

More Overreach in Seattle

I am astounded at the audacity of Seattle schools thinking they have standing to file this case. I believe this problem, if any, extends way beyond their umbrella. I wonder if we could give them to Canada, they'd fit right in, eh?

Seattle public schools have sued the tech giants behind TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Snapchat, accusing them of creating a "mental health crisis among America's Youth." The 91-page lawsuit filed in a US district court states that tech giants exploit the addictive nature of social media, leading to rising anxiety, depression and thoughts of self-harm.
    LINKY
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

What a load......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Too much time on social media takes away from the time when they need to be concentrating on drag shows.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Too much time on social media takes away from the time when they need to be concentrating on drag shows.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Performance art.

On a related topic, I was glad to see Arkansas start regulating drag shows as adult entertainment.

Though my daughter did have to school me about what a drag show was. I thought it involved top fuel and burning rubber.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    yup
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Popeye cartoons.. and the gratuitous violence of Farmer Alfalfa caused my issues!

I am what I am and that’s all that I am!

I learned about sex from captain kangaroo
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.