Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Classified docs everywhere!!

Note to self: As Phillbo's campaign manager, be sure to thoroughly search the Swedish bikini team's locker room and the Lebanese trampoline training gym for classified documents, especially videos and photos......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I think the huge deal with Trump had more to do with his refusal to cooperate. Had he done so, I doubt he'd be in this fix.

But I agree that it seems that no one can be trusted to act appropriately with these documents. Top secret documents at a private residence? That's insane.

Yep just more of Trump being Trump.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I'll just leave this here so y'all can say it's Russian Disnfo .

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2022/08/t...ecedented-raid
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

I think Biden is going to be okay on this one. Several major media outlets along with some Democratic representatives are suggesting that the documents were planted. Whew I thought we were going to have to go through all that Trump stuff again.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

That's why it's nice to have a special counsel. They don't care about media speculation or conspiracy theories.

I think two things make Biden's case different than Trump's.

1. Biden has a current right to the documents. Trump did not.
    2. Biden didn't try to stonewall the DOJ. Trump did.

Neither should have happened.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Absolutely agree that his case is different, but according to the statute the criminality of it possibly is the same.

Hey! Maybe Joe should pull a Trump and just declassify everything. Problem solved! /sarcasm

to AG Garland---I think he did exactly what he should have done---for the good of the country
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    to AG Garland---I think he did exactly what he should have done---for the good of the country

I agree in principle. But frankly he didn't have a choice.