Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1946 Dodge Police special

1946 Dodge Police special

It belongs to my friend Ralph
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230109_125841~2.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	553.8 KB 
ID:	39368Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230109_125941~2.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	612.0 KB 
ID:	39369Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230109_125850~3.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	557.7 KB 
ID:	39370
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

sweet
    it's time to change the air in my head

That is one fine Buick, TG.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I used to keep an old radar unit like that hidden in my closet at work so it wouldn't get thrown away. I always hoped for the day we got a new building with a display case for memorabilia. I'm sure someone tossed it after I retired.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post

Hunter
    DODGE as it says on the hood
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Man, saw that and put Buick anyways. My bad.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post

Hunter
    Broderick Crawford was the only one I know that rated a Buick for a patrol car......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

That's a really sharp looking tank. I can't imagine how it would handle at high speeds. This picture below is a police vehicle outside of the Savannah Police department. I saw it when I was there but I got the picture off the internet. I couldn't tell you anything other than it's a Chevrolet.

Name:	l.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	39371
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Skirts and visors. Be still my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Skirts and visors. Be still my heart.
    At the risk of loudly voiced derision and humiliation, I'll profess that if I could find a drop visor that would fit over the windshield of my mighty Dodge/Cummins, I'd be all over it in a heartbeat...But I'm still on the fence about skirts over my training wheels......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I used to keep an old radar unit like that hidden in my closet at work so it wouldn't get thrown away. I always hoped for the day we got a new building with a display case for memorabilia. I'm sure someone tossed it after I retired.
    I could be completely out to lunch but I didn't think that was a radar unit---I thought it was a "swamp cooler".

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	13 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	39372

Artic Air Ultra Car Window Cooler
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    I could be completely out to lunch but I didn't think that was a radar unit---I thought it was a "swamp cooler".

Dave you are correct

Come to think of it, I don't remember whitewalls and fender skirts on patrol cars from that era either......Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Come to think of it, I don't remember whitewalls and fender skirts on patrol cars from that era either......Ben
    I had the same thought---but then I saw the license plate and it seemed less questionable
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post

I think you would be correct. Radar required the entire trunk at that time. Mine was obviously more modern.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke