Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So which one of you Texans pulled the trigger?

It seems all of your compassion is for the perpetrator and none for the victims.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I'm obviously in the clear on this one...I still have hair, and I wouldn't have wasted those last 8 rounds of expensive ammo...One Hornady XTP will do the job......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Honda, you are reading way more into my posts than is warranted. I'm merely talking about what is likely to happen based on my own experiences and how a white man shooting a black man, especially one on the ground in front of him, is likely to play out. I think that justice not only needs to be done, people need to see it being done.

No need for accusations. I hold an unrestricted ccw in my state, and have for 41 years. Unlike Texas, though, we have a duty to retreat if possible and that last shot would get you charged here. And others, even in Texas, might not see it as a lawyer or a police officer might.

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    I'm obviously in the clear on this one...I still have hair, and I wouldn't have wasted those last 8 rounds of expensive ammo...One Hornady XTP will do the job......Ben
    My SIG 45 uses Federal hollow points but that's personal preference.

Nice.

"Hollow points are an excellent option for home self-defense because they are less likely to pass through the target or walls and put family in danger."
    - American Concealed

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Go stand in front of a normal residential interior wall while someone blasts away at it then tell me that again.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Based on my own extensive field testing, there is a big difference in the expansion (and retained weight) of hollow points between ones which strike bone and ones that only encounter soft tissue.

In either case, I would not want to use another body as a shield
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I have never shot someone with an M16 or seen it happen. During Army boot camp our Marine Drill Sgt said the .223-calibre ammo would tumble upon hitting flesh/bone - substantially increasing the ability to kill a person.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    I have never shot someone with an M16 or seen it happen. During Army boot camp our Marine Drill Sgt said the .223-calibre ammo would tumble upon hitting flesh/bone - substantially increasing the ability to kill a person.

Hunter
    If it hits bone, sure it will probably tumble...I've seen numerous mention of the ability of the 5.56mm projectile to tumble in flesh, but never anything definitive...If someone has lab test studies I'd be interested in reading it...I do know that after MK318 projectiles fragment the base will tumble in flesh......Ben

EDIT: On the battlefield it's more effective to wound the enemy without killing him, as it requires more personnel to tend a wounded man than it does a dead one...Therefore more of the enemy's resources are expended on wounded than dead...
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...