Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So which one of you Texans pulled the trigger?

So which one of you Texans pulled the trigger?

"The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Way back in the mid-70s I lived on that road about a mile or so away. Long since then, that area has turned into a place you don't want to go to in the daytime, much less at night. I hope they don't catch the guy, he was only doing his civic duty!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I heard his lawyer has already got in touch with the police.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Based on the video this was a clear case of self-defense. The suspect had pointed the gun at most all of the patrons of the restaurant and as well robbed them. It was understandable for anybody in that restaurant to believe that at any moment he would turn around and shoot someone. However it was not in the shooters best interest to leave. The shooter should have stayed and when the police started questioning him he should have said he wanted to talk to a lawyer first. At that point any questions would cease. Refusing to talk to the police is not an indication of guilt. I understand that it sometimes pisses the police off but it is what it is. I'm glad he lawyered up because that is the smartest thing he could do in the environment we find ourselves in now. These gang bangers that are wreaking fear and death in our country should understand there's a chance someone will fight back.

I know a minimum of three members here that would have done the same thing left and ate a bowl of spaghetti.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I know what he should have done, but in that part of Houston no one is going to stick around. It's just not healthy.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I know what he should have done, but in that part of Houston no one is going to stick around. It's just not healthy.
    Yeah I get it you know the lay of the land for sure. He could have been thinking one of the suspects friends was going to come in there and blow him away. In the long term I don't think it will be any big deal for him. The videos pretty clear.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Toy gun and that last shot make it iffy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Toy gun is irrelevant. The shooting of the suspect was clear self-defense. No person can be held to the standard of analyzing whether a gun is real or not while they are being robbed at gunpoint, their blood pressure pumping and they're wondering if they're going to make it home.

Makes no difference, especially the gun being a toy because it was presented as being a gun. The DA is going to present the case to a Grand Jury without charges just for formalities. I know the DA and there is not a chance she would indict him.

Toy gun may or may not be irrelevant depending on the jury, in light of that last shot. That last shot may put him in a different light and something that shouldn't be an issue suddenly is because the jury changes their view of him. Can't tell about juries.

And you never know what pressures a DA might be under.

And then there is the civil rights complaint.

Not a slam dunk, I think.

Convicted? Probably not. At least, not in Texas. Trial? Hope so. Let a jury sort it all out rather than the DA.

That last shot changes a lot of minds.

Toy gun may or may not be irrelevant depending on the jury, in light of that last shot. That last shot may put him in a different light and something that shouldn't be an issue suddenly is because the jury changes their view of him. Can't tell about juries.

And you never know what pressures a DA might be under.

And then there is the civil rights complaint.

Not a slam dunk, I think.

Convicted? Probably not. At least, not in Texas. Trial? Hope so. Let a jury sort it all out rather than the DA.

That last shot changes a lot of minds.
    Kevin I could not disagree more with what you said in any way shape form or fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Kevin I could not disagree more with what you said in any way shape form or fashion.
    Same!

as the perp found out. never bring a knife to a gun fight
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

"As he was collecting the money, one of the patrons, described as a white or Hispanic male..."
    - NBC News

I like the way NBC News describes 90% of Texans as possible shooters.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    ......I like the way NBC News describes 90% of Texans as possible shooters.

Hunter
    Hell, they are! We take our guns seriously!