Thread: Speaker fight over . On to the next one

Speaker fight over . On to the next one

Perhaps one of y'all can explain to me the hype surrounding Gov. DeSantis . Every day there are multiple articles about a contest between Trump and him . I have never seen anything from him [ DeSantis ] that indicates he wants anything more than the Gov. of Florida. Not a hint that he is , or will , run for the BIG seat .

Have I missed something ?.
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

I suggest the quick answer to that my friend, is yes-----you missed his ego
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Also, no one actually believes his denials. An ego like his cannot be contained in just one state.

When has it become that a politician with an ego is a problem? If One didn't have an ego you could never deal with the rigors of campaign.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Question of degree, I suppose. I'd prefer to see someone couple ego with a commitment to public service instead of self-aggrandizement.

There are a number of people in politics who strike a better balance. I liked Romney, for example. I also like Asa Hutchinson.

If anyone can find me a presidential candidate in today's political climate without an inflated ego I'm all ears.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Not an either/or. It depends on the expression of that ego. I think there is a world of difference between Romney and Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Not an either/or. It depends on the expression of that ego. I think there is a world of difference between Romney and Trump.
    There's a world of difference between Trump and the rest of humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    There's a world of difference between Trump and the rest of humanity.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Had to take a look at Asa Hutchinson's Wikipedia page to ascertain his history and status. After doing so, I agree with Kevin that Hutchinson and Romney are potentially worthy contenders.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

One of the things that I appreciated about Hutchinson was that while there was no mask mandate, he traveled the state, going to small groups to personally convince them to mask up and get vaccinated.