Thread: OK, RVer's...

OK, RVer's...

Since so many here are unrepentant Ford fans, here's your chance for something unique...
    We had the chance to go out and take a look at this 1 of 3 1974 Ford C750 truck and Gerstenlager trailer that were outfitted as a Camelot Cruiser motorhome by Edler & Company of Skokie, Illinois. The pair are said to have remained in long-term storage and was subsequently recommissioned before being acquired by the selling dealer in November 2022. Power is from a 391ci V8 paired with a four-speed automatic transmission, and both the truck and trailer are finished in two-tone green. The truck is equipped with a chrome front bumper, 22.5″ steel wheels, air-assisted brakes, dual air horns, a CB radio, a sleeping surface, and an intercom system. The trailer features woodgrain paneling, a kitchenette, a dinette, a bedroom with a double bed, a bathroom, a sitting room, and two basement cargo compartments. Service under prior ownership reportedly involved overhauling the carburetor, cleaning and coating the fuel tanks, repacking the wheel bearings, and replacing the fuel pump, ignition components, tires, wheels, shock absorbers, brake air reservoirs, trailer suspension air bags, and shore hookup power cord. This C-750 and Camelot Cruiser trailer are now offered in Osprey, Florida, with a pair of Poloron snowmobiles, clean Montana titles for the truck and trailer, and a bill of sale for the snowmobiles.
    If it had Cummins power, I'd be all over it......Ben

The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

saw that over the weekend, cool truck. i never knew it was legal to ride in a trailer with the driver in a detatched cab, wonder if it still is legal to do that.
    it's time to change the air in my head

Quote Originally Posted by Flaco View Post
    saw that over the weekend, cool truck. i never knew it was legal to ride in a trailer with the driver in a detatched cab, wonder if it still is legal to do that.
    The answer......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I had to see how long the trailer was, so I went to the SALES LISTING in search of the specs. It turns out is sold already for the princely sum of $133,000. The length of the trailer is listed as 45', although it looks longer to me.

I have a more modern version that is 41' long with 2 bedrooms, both of which are much larger than the master bedroom in the green monster. I also have 1 1/2 baths. The green monster does have a larger basement than mine, probably about twice as large. That would be nice.

In all, I think I'll stick with my more modern version.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I found the engine choice interesting. There was a much larger option available, the 534 ci Super Duty V-8.

There were many F-1100 around here with that engine. They were very noticeable by a big air scope on the hood----as they seemed to fly by our Cummins NH220s on the hills. Since many were hauling cement the same as we were they could not be dismissed as "light loads". It was also common knowledge that they got 1-1.5 mpg compared to our 4-5 mpg.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

To illustrate Dave's alternative engine choice (plus some eye candy toward the end) I found this......Ben

Think your Texas guy from Gas Monkey Garage bought 2 of them a few years ago. I believe he sold both of them. Was interesting seeing the shag carpet and I recall green toilet fixtures???? of the era.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by FredK View Post
    Think your Texas guy from Gas Monkey Garage bought 2 of them a few years ago. I believe he sold both of them. Was interesting seeing the shag carpet and I recall green toilet fixtures???? of the era.
    I forgot all about that show, Fred...Is it still on?......Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    I forgot all about that show, Fred...Is it still on?......Ben

They went to you tube.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Where's the guy with the beard that did the fabricating?...I didn't see him......Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Where's the guy with the beard that did the fabricating?...I didn't see him......Ben
    i think he quit. i seem to think he had his own show for a bit. i very well might be wrong because i don't watch much tv

I love that Rat Rod.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

this just might one up those fords.....
    https://www.autoevolution.com/news/t...e-144122.html#

When I get a spare $2.5 million, I'd consider the Midnight Rider.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead