Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: McCarthy Loses First 11 Votes!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    ........At this point, the mental midgets have drawn blood on mccarthey---someone needs to pull him out of the pen before he is picked to death.
    I disagree - McCarthy is untrustworthy and should never be Speaker. It is time for his supporters to really examine why they are supporting him and maybe realize that they are supporting the wrong candidate. I am not supporting the ideology of the holdouts who have brought us to this point, but I am thankful we have them to hopefully derail McCarthy's runaway train.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Anyone else raising their hand?
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

The far left and the far right continue to drag us through the mud.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I disagree - McCarthy is untrustworthy and should never be Speaker. It is time for his supporters to really examine why they are supporting him and maybe realize that they are supporting the wrong candidate. I am not supporting the ideology of the holdouts who have brought us to this point, but I am thankful we have them to hopefully derail McCarthy's runaway train.
    I am not at all in favor of mccarthy----or any of the mental midgets who are picking him to death. I simply cannot imagine why the man sits there being stripped of the last vestiges of pride while the entire world watches What could possibly make that worth the humiliation----don't bother---I can guess
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Let me hear your guess Dave . Mine is that he has his eye on the Resolute Desk in two years , if not sooner.
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

Maybe a sign on the entrance to the chamber stating "check your ego at the door" would help...........
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    It is illegal. Nuff said.
    I’m not discussing illegal dealing.. just the perks that go with the Pelosi position.. he is an attorney in a good law firm..

We have two former Senators and one congressman locally that now live like kings.. I don’t think that any of them did anything illegal but they have amassed a fortune from connections..

Old man Pelosi hasn’t done anything except pizz of talk show entertainers..

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    .......Old man Pelosi hasn’t done anything except pizz of talk show entertainers..
    Sorry, but there is a whole lot of evidence that says he engaged in illegal insider trading over many years using information garnered from his wife. Take Your Pick
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Eleven votes later we are no closer to having a Speaker. It is far past time for the Republican leadership to broker a deal by withdrawing McCarthy from contention and nominating someone in the center who they can agree upon. At this point it really doesn't matter who if they keep the new recall rule in place - they can switch speakers at any time in the future. Just get it done you pack of losers!

Liz Cheney for Speaker
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

pathetic but funny

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	324339399_708503370894862_3026217635178284992_n.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	39357
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    Liz Cheney for Speaker
    I'd like that but it would never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    pathetic but funny

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	324339399_708503370894862_3026217635178284992_n.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	39357
    Sad, but still funny as hell!

I'd like that but it would never happen.
    I think if the Dems nominated her you could get a few republicans to join the Dems to pull it off and piss off the far left and right

Republican House Members in the Speaker's Election - .....

Democrat House Members in the Speaker's Election - .... ....

The American People Watching - ........

The Rest of the World Watching -