Thread: You gotta applaud dem russkis

You gotta applaud dem russkis

...dem Army big shots be pretty cagey. Only the most brilliant military minds would put an ammo depot right next to a troop barracks---within range of dem silly Ukrainians and their borrowed missles

You da man ivan
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

It's a manpower reduction plan...Mustering out pay for all those guys would have put a serious dent in the budget...Burying them is cheaper......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

What a plan
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Ukrainians are using the munitions we sent them effectively. And, when the Russians admit they are doing so, it's worth every cent.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    What a plan
    A ruble here, a ruble there...Pretty soon you're talking real savings......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Seriously I feel for the trooper that never wanted this war. So many will come home badly injured or worse because of Putin. Pray this whole thing blows up in his face and leaders face trials.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

On an individual basis Fred I agree with you. I'm couldn't figure out a way of condemning the ineptness of the russki military brass and the murderous putin while holding these unwitting victims apart from this event.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    On an individual basis Fred I agree with you. I'm couldn't figure out a way of condemning the ineptness of the russki military brass and the murderous putin while holding these unwitting victims apart from this event.
    Same as I always felt in most of the stupid wars we've got in. No real reason to be there or for so long. More I like the idea of sending Putin and Z into a boxing ring for winner take all match.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'