Thread: Flickering star

Flickering star

As the new Congress prepares to convene, kevin mccarthy's imagined star might be on the way out. Not only is he facing a revolt of his own making inside his caucus he has thus far not found the courage to even mention george santos, hoping for one more vote from that "troubled young man."

I am a bit loth to great this with joy----not that I care one wit for mccarthy---but the old adage that I have seen play out far too often---be careful what you wish for keeps running through my mind.

I almost feel sorry for the guy----apparently it is just too difficult to stand tall when you haven't a spine

Maybe a quick trip to Mar-a-Logo to ask trump for a new anointing will do the trick
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I want McCarthy to sit in the back of the room someplace, not in the Speaker's seat.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Who would you prefer to be speaker?
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I really don't know. I do know McCarthy is a two-faced Trump supporter & Jan. 06th denier who only backed away from the big lie when it looked like he was going down with Trump.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

He is the embodiment of an unprincipled politician

Maybe I am repeating myself there

Becoming a majority or minority speaker is one of the rawest political moves that can be made. It's much more about power than ability. Whoever gains it is feared as much as they are supported. Yeah, not a positive take on it.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    After watching Pelosi in action (I’m not saying agreeing, watching) I’ll bet that there has been a plan hatched for a moderate (Ryan, Boener, Hassard (pre diddle)) to be nominated and seven Republicans and all of the Dems sweep him/her int the Speakership.. can she find seven Republicans..

This may be a most interesting election..

And then again, it could be business as usual..

ABC News this evening says McCarty may not have the votes but he has already occupied the Speaker's office. Hmmmm.....

There is nothing about that which surprises me. I would love to see his arrogant squatter ass have to move back out