Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump's tax returns

Trump's tax returns

At this point it seems to me that the release of Trump's tax returns was nothing more than an act of vindictiveness. Why did they need to be released to the public? What purpose does that serve?
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    At this point it seems to me that the release of Trump's tax returns was nothing more than an act of vindictiveness. Why did they need to be released to the public? What purpose does that serve?
    It is all part of the political game that is destroying our country.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Maybe so. Or it could be a blow for transparency. I dunno.

If nothing else, it shows all of us how the rich have rigged the rules so they don't have to pay taxes. That angers me.

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Tax returns Should have been released by him in the beginning.. just how things are done..

Maybe if Trump had answered the subpoena The respect would have worked two ways..

When you wrestle with a pig, you both get dirty..

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Tax returns Should have been released by him in the beginning.. just how things are done..
    Disagree! "How things are done" is not a legal requirement. Until the law changes, tax returns should be a private matter between the taxpayer and the IRS. It doesn't matter what your political battle might be, it is private until a court says otherwise.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

"When you wrestle with a pig, you both get dirty."
    - Sandman

Apt and to the point.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I can't support exposing his taxes----as much as I don't like the guy.

About the only thing good that might come out of this is to show the cult---once again---the depth of his dishonesty and lies.

The guy was as much of a suck ass business man as he was a President. About the only new thing that has come out so far is that sonny boy donnie jr has apparently learned the same poor business acumen as his old man. Had it not been for fred we would never even have heard from this loser.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

If we are talking legalities, then there was nothing illegal about releasing his taxes.

Beyond that, it is ALL a matter of opinion about how things should be done.

And legality is a mighty low bar to say that is all we expect from those we entrust with our lives and our future. I think we have a right to expect propriety, sobriety and fidelity as well. None of those things are required by law, though.

Sorry mess that the IRS didn't do it's job. There are questions even I would have a hard time explaining. Granted more "experts will pick apart pieces of the returns and maybe explain it to the public.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Looking deeper:

Perhaps most glaring in the tax returns is that they include 26 Trump businesses—or imaginary businesses—with zero revenue and hundreds of thousands of dollars in tax deductions for expenses.

Unless Trump can produce records showing the expenses are real and meet other standards to be deductible, that’s fraud. That Trump did it 26 times as a candidate and as president is powerful evidence that he qualifies for prosecution by the federal government and New York State for criminal tax fraud.

Watch to see if Attorney General Merrick Garland, New York State Attorney General Letitia James, or Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg pursue what looks to me like a slam-dunk prosecution—or continue to enable Trump’s lawless conduct.
    That is just the closing of a very interesting article.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I don't think Garland has the balls to indict Trump. James is annoying as hell and probably will given the chance. I know nothing about Brag.

A rogue grand jury might be the best we can hope for.

At this point I am less interested in seeing him in jail (although I am far from being against that thought) as I am seeing him further publicly exposed. If trump goes to jail, he will make himself into martyr #1 and thrive on the "pedestal". Exposing him more completely for what he truly is, with fewer and fewer following along with his flag in hand, will ultimately hurt more.

I'd like to see him cowering in a corner at Mira Logo with his phony hair hanging over his phony orange face with real tears running down while sucking his thumb----now that would make my day

I'll be happy if he is barred from holding public office ever again.

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Disagree! "How things are done" is not a legal requirement. Until the law changes, tax returns should be a private matter between the taxpayer and the IRS. It doesn't matter what your political battle might be, it is private until a court says otherwise.
    Not talking legal requirements.. talking “how things are done”.

I don’t want Trump to go to jail.. but I do want him to start doing things “how things are done”

In general, past Presidents appear together at state funerals, inaugurations and other such events.. they are polite to each other and behave in a manner that respects each other and the office.. and they pretty much stay out of current events..

That is “how things are done”

Every other President in recent history has released his tax returns, just “how it’s done”..

Old #45 is not stupid and was not surrounded by stupid people - though all of them were extraordinarily balllsy. Surely he (and they) knew all of these things (taxes included) would come out. For, if more than one person is involved in an activity, it will not remain secret. Perhaps we shall learn, at some point, a second term or a sympathetic successor would pardon all sins. There are rumors online that #45 has a "pocket pardon" he can draw - but I doubt it. For, if he had one, he would have shown that hole card by now.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead