Thread: Go Dawgs!!

Go Dawgs!!

Last year national champion. Including beating 'Bama, which is pretty close to being just as important (and about as rare).

This year, a perfect season.

My guess, Georgia vs. Michigan for the national championship, with Georgia repeating but it will be a helluva game. Michigan is looking very good this year. And getting past Ohio will not be guaranteed. The Buckeyes have had a very good season. Overall, two nail biters.

And congrats to the Aggies here. Your team looked good downing LSU. Tough year but a big win.

Will be pulling for the bulldogs always pull for SEC.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    I thought that was a Green Bay hat.. oops..

Just left for a second to research the college “final four”..

Sure… go Dawgs..

And those who don't keep up with sports are guessing it's Football. (knowing it's not Baseball, cause that season ended, but there is a chance it is Basketball)

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Yes, it is football.

Try watching a UGA game sometime. These guys are so fit, so big and fast, so athletic, so perfect in execution, it is what the NFL wants to be but cannot. I'm not a big fan of really any sport. For all my "go Dawgs", I only tune in at the end of the season to see how Georgia is doing. But this time of year, the best athletes being produced by the best football conferences show up and you can see some physical prowess displayed that is truly awesome.

Take in a game. Appreciate the physicality being displayed. The human body is a truly amazing thing when honed to such levels.

And have fun rooting for a team! Being a part of the action is fun!! The SEC is, in my opinion, the best conference, producing so many excellent players and employing so many excellent coaches, it is watching football at the very top of the game. Like watching the Olympics. I don't follow women's gymnastics but when Simone Biles vaults, you can bet I watch.

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    And those who don't keep up with sports are guessing it's Football. (knowing it's not Baseball, cause that season ended, but there is a chance it is Basketball)

Hunter
    I had to ask Mr Google who was playing.. Michigan, Ohio State, TCU & the Dawgs.. the final four were a resounding er-uh-ok to me.. Dawgs has a cute name..

Who the heck are the dawgs? They don't play the Eagles
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I live amongst the benighted...

You folks need to expand your horizons a bit. Try to appreciate the commitment to physical excellence that these players represent. Many are also pretty good students (Herschel Walker an obvious riposte, of course). Watching someone break a tackle and sprint downfield for a touchdown is exciting! Throwing a pass 50 yards in the air, connecting with a receiver who thrusts himself into the air above a swarm of defenders and makes an over-the-shoulder catch is thrilling!! Grit, determination, school spirit - all on display. It is worth catching a bit of it, if for nothing else than to appreciate what they have accomplished for themselves. Many, like Herschel Walker, come from nothing and they are on the national stage, at the top of their sport, all eyes in the stadium and many more at home on them. It is the American dream in many ways.

And it is history in the making, tradition in the execution. Good stuff, folks. Good clean fun.

The closest thing I came to sports was when I supervised Football Athletes volunteering in downtown SLC. One of them stands out in my mind cause he was a gifted athlete but had no marketable job skills. I'd assign him a delivery, "I don't drive, Coach did that." To every task assigned I'd get the same answer, "Coach did that." The Athlete was from the U of U Football Team and they had 6 Assistant Coaches who catered to the players. I hope the kid made it in the pros cause he wasn't going to make it on the outside alone. My reward was season tickets
    to the games (which I gave to my staff).

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead