Thread: this is an oh hell no

this is an oh hell no

no way I am living in a structure that is top heavy like that

"The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

even it that is just an optical illusion

"The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

I don't even want to be in dust cloud distance if it fell over......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Nope.. I be one askeert geezer.. maybe a houseboat over at the marina..

If they give me the penthouse I'm in.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

I'd never live in a high-rise of any sort. Too many other people there to accidentally or intentionally set the place on fire.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I'd never live in a high-rise of any sort. Too many other people there to accidentally or intentionally set the place on fire.
    I'm with you I get the heebie jeebies in hotels and always request as low level as I can get. I was once in California and a very small earthquake happened at least small by California standards and I was about 12th floor and I felt it and that was enough for me.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

It reminds me of the Veer Towers in Las Vegas. They too seem to defy gravity from certain angles.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

now this is a no way in hell. As a climber I have seen way too many cliff failures.

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    I'm with you I get the heebie jeebies in hotels and always request as low level as I can get. I was once in California and a very small earthquake happened at least small by California standards and I was about 12th floor and I felt it and that was enough for me.
    Was leaving a meeting on the 10th floor in Oakland California.. I felt really weird, kinda sick, nauseous.. had an old school hard sided brief case and it was standing on the conference table rocking from side to side.. our California host laughed and said something about having little shakers all of the time..

No thanks..

But she did recommend a great restaurant in San Fran Chinatown that I have been going to for years..

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    now this is a no way in hell. As a climber I have seen way too many cliff failures.

Is that place real?
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

That is a rendering
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

That's what I thought but wasn't sure.