Thread: Road trip

Road trip

Visitng our friend Audie's web site, I looked at his page of the Denali Highway---and took a trip down memory lane

The 135 mile length of that "highway" took us about a day and a half. We slept overnight at the Susitna River, in our seats of my F-250 SD, a place were I have spent countless nights. After we finished our dinner we took the empty cans down to the river and sank them until morning to not risk attracting bears.

The next morning was the first day of moose season and shortly after leaving our camp we went past a hunter's camp of 3 or 4 tents. The hunters were all up and out early looking for moose and as we passed their camp we had to wait as a moose walked right between their tents and across the road.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    135 Miles is about the same distance as Homestead to Key West Florida.. this is the time of the year to try it..

That is an entirely different ride but enjoyable as well if you take the time to enjoy it. The Keys is about the only part of Florida that I like. I do try to avoid the places where the tourists congregate---those places don't care about customer service---there will be a new batch to screw tomorrow
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis