Thread: Iranian national flag

Iranian national flag

Apparently, some children running the website for USA Men's Soccer decided to deface the Iranian flag when putting up the schedule for play. They removed the center symbol, which is a stylized script for "Allah".

This reminds me so much of the immature idiots I met so often in cyber, who think they are cute or smart by pulling some prank that "sticks it to the man". I dunno what can be done at this point but it was a pretty bad idea and someone needs to suffer some consequences for embarrassing our country. This is not cool or funny or even supportive of the protests there as has been given as the excuse for the prank.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Apparently, some children running the website for USA Men's Soccer decided to deface the Iranian flag when putting up the schedule for play. They removed the center symbol, which is a stylized script for "Allah".

This reminds me so much of the immature idiots I met so often in cyber, who think they are cute or smart by pulling some prank that "sticks it to the man". I dunno what can be done at this point but it was a pretty bad idea and someone needs to suffer some consequences for embarrassing our country. This is not cool or funny or even supportive of the protests there as has been given as the excuse for the prank.
    We should be better than they are. They love nothing better than stomping and burning our flag over there.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

It's Iran. I kind of like it when someone steps on their toes. Call me juvenile if you want, that doesn't bother me either.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

"The American federation... said it would use only Iran’s official flag going forward."
    - NY Times

Looks to me like officials have recognized the error and have moved on. One can hope that allows the sport and its fans to do so too.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I don't like the government of Iran but our soccer players became the front line for something they did not do and have no control over. Lots of people are on the hot seat for this who had nothing to do with the stunt.

That's the problem with punk behavior like this - someone else always ends up paying for the prank.