Thread: Shell game

Shell game

Trump has his Save America PAC which has about $40 million on hand as of October. He can spend this anyway he wants, except for running for office.

Trump transferred $20 million to his MAGA PAC towards the end of October. This PAC is listed as a super PAC, which means an organization that can raise unlimited amounts of money but cannot contribute directly to or coordinate with a candidate. Until the time of the transfer, this PAC listed cash on hand of $12,000.00. This transfer allows this PAC to use money raised by Trump but which he was prohibited from using to support his candidacy. By funding this super PAC, he can take all the money he raised for his supposed Election Defense fund (which, by the way, only saw about 60% of contributions actually hit the fund, the rest going right into Trump's pocket) and use it to run for President.

A lawsuit has been filed to force the Elections Commission to investigate. https://www.reuters.com/world/us/wat...er-2022-11-14/

So he dupes people into contributing to an Election Defense Fund for an election that he lied about needing any defense, only gives about half of those contributions to this Fund and pockets the rest. Then, he transfers about half that to a shell PAC to use those stolen funds to run for President.

The only question I have is, will his followers EVER get tired of being played for chumps?

Remember the fund raising event during the 16 campaign when he didn't show up for a debate----and had to be publicly exposed before any money got turned over to the vets. The man has no morals
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Campaign finance laws are very difficult to understand and interpret. I absolutely know nothing about them. All I do know is it seems like people get called on the carpet for cheating all the time and they always get by with it. Seems to me the politicians in Washington hold the keys and they're pretty happy about the way things are going because it keeps their pockets loaded. It's a disgrace.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Seems to me the politicians in Washington hold the keys and they're pretty happy about the way things are going because it keeps their pockets loaded.
    It's why they are there...Our complacence, disorganization and inability to sound off in a common voice, is why they'll stay there......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    ......The only question I have is, will his followers EVER get tired of being played for chumps?
    Umm, they're not being played, Kevin.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke