Thread: I got mine

I got mine

...and I ended up with a 9.4% increase in my new SS payments. That amount is due to a lowering of my IRMAA deductions to reflect my lower income since I retired.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I guess I'll get my first one in January......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

USPS says they are delivering two letters from SS today. I guess I might find out this afternoon.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    USPS says they are delivering two letters from SS today. I guess I might find out this afternoon.
    Now you have me curious----how do they tell you that?
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Now you have me curious----how do they tell you that?
    Probably a super-secret back channel only available to us special people......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Go to USPS.gov.. for preview info..

We both received our new SS info.. two more years of zonker Medicare premiums.. have finally rolled IRA / 401k into Roth..

Then we’ll get audited because our income dropped.. ugh..

WOW I had no idea

I have to give that some thought before I sign up---the mail box is one of my only sources of surprises

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    WOW I had no idea

I have to give that some thought before I sign up---the mail box is one of my only sources of surprises
    It tells me if I need to go 1,000' to the mailbox, or if I can just let the junk mail sit over night. I also installed a wireless alarm system sensor inside the box that lets me know when the door is opened and closed so I know when the mail has been delivered.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    It tells me if I need to go 1,000' to the mailbox, or if I can just let the junk mail sit over night. I also installed a wireless alarm system sensor inside the box that lets me know when the door is opened and closed so I know when the mail has been delivered.
    Excellent

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    We are city folk.. across the street neighbor has a small mailbox (next to front door, city folk) so I can see her mail sticking out and not bother opening the door..

I got my benefit increase notification from SSA.gov via email. I logged in and it gave it to me. My increase starts in December.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    We are city folk.. across the street neighbor has a small mailbox (next to front door, city folk) so I can see her mail sticking out and not bother opening the door..
    My driveway is 1000' long with a hill in the middle. I can't even see the mailbox which is on the FM highway and right beside the driveway. The alarm system install is one of the best things I've ever done.

I have the Informed Delivery mail status and get a daily update of what's coming. Like many others who are waiting, we'll see how it goes.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I got my letter and it informed me of a nice increase in monthly payments. I haven't looked too deeply into all the numbers, but the take home difference is nice.