Thread: This sucks

This sucks

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

“Our inventory levels remain high and new orders from our customers remain slow.”
    - Daily Beast

There's no way Mgt did not know the ship was sinking. Choosing a holiday that represents the good in our lives is the opposite of compassion.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

An abrupt firing like this, with no COBRA provision, normally means they can't meet payroll. When that happens, it is game over no matter what the time of year or what laws are in place for notification. They can't pay people, so there is no point in workers getting worked up about issues of compassion and how mean it is to be fired before the holidays. If there is no money, there is no job.

Probably coming up next a chapter 11 which will freeze any and all action against them unless it's criminal.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I question if this company would not be under the WARN Act based on the number of employees, but I'm not going to argue that. What I will say is that this was done in a cowardly way.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis