going kayak fishing in style

German Style that is

Tomorrow we hit the Delta for Striped Bass

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20221126_115339.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	257.0 KB 
ID:	39269
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    German Style that is

Tomorrow we hit the Delta for Striped Bass

Name:	20221126_115339.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	257.0 KB 
ID:	39269

I love catching stripers. They are very hard fighters and if you get one big enough when it'll rip your tackle up.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    I love catching stripers. They are very hard fighters and if you get one big enough when it'll rip your tackle up.
    I will be using a 10' Orvis Clearwter 8wt fly rod with a ECHO saltwater reel loaded with a 8 wt floating weight forward line with a 10' fast sink tip tied to a 2' section 20# test braided line tied into a 3" clouser minnow streamer fly. should be fun
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

nice, i am just a little jealous
    it's time to change the air in my head

Looking forward to your fishing report!
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

It was frustrating as all get out. Mid channel, fish boiling everywhere chasing baitfish. No matter what streamer fly I tried not a single hit. I was out there for 5 hours....still I enjoyed the solitude.

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    It was frustrating as all get out. Mid channel, fish boiling everywhere chasing baitfish. No matter what streamer fly I tried not a single hit. I was out there for 5 hours....still I enjoyed the solitude.
    It happens. You'll get them next time.

Those are the type of kayaks I like - where I can keep my knees up to take pressure off my back. Nice.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Name:	flcasting ama kit (2).jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	227.9 KB 
ID:	39272

Real German style would be using the farm tractor. At least that was the going to town for the rural folks vehicle when I was there serving there in 69-71. A few lucky soldiers had the hand me down VW's.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by FredK View Post
    A few lucky soldiers had the hand me down VW's.
    I was one of those "lucky" ones, Fred, although I left about the same time you were getting there...I survived both of the hand-me-down VW's I owned, and one of them even survived my ownership...Standard procedure seemed to entail saving enough money to buy 3 months of insurance plus finding another GI ready to pass his custodial ownership on to another...Average buying/selling price for a 10 - 20 year old VW was $100 between GI's at that time...We had to pay $5 to the base administration for the on-base parking permit after showing proof of insurance and a valid US drivers license...My '53 VW was consigned to the base scrapyard with a seized engine, but my '56 went on to new life with another "lucky" GI when I was done with it......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Those were the days, Ben.
    Mostly bummed a ride pitching in on gas. One fellow stepped up to a Mercedes when out of town and it promptly broke down. One of my cooks re-upped and promptly bought a new Dodge Road Runner with his bonus. That was a trip to ride in.

Got there and the dollar was worth a little over 4 marks. Left 2 years later and it was worth about a mark. Not sure how one was buying fuel at those prices, since I don't think the pay went all that up.

Glad I got to enjoy the country and see some of the sites though.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Wow, Fred!...I didn't know the exchange rate dropped that much after I left...It was always 4 to 1 on the economy...I also knew some guys who spent their re-up bonus on new cars...One had a Camaro SS/RS shipped over, and another one went to England and drove back in a really special Morris Mini Cooper SS, twin engine AWD...Only two seats in that one, and the way he drove it nobody wanted a second ride...Gas was 50 pfennigs a liter on the economy, and 15 cents a gallon on base with a ration card......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

You guys are making me jealous---the closest thing to a sport car for me was an M-151 jeep, at least in Korea and Nam. But---the gas was free
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

this was my first vehicle. I kick myself for ever selling it.

Name:	IMG_5794-1.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	399.4 KB 
ID:	39282