Thread: Up your cylinder count boys

Up your cylinder count boys

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

The British electrics, however, can leave its owner with a "dozen run"......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    The British electrics, however, can leave its owner with a "dozen run"......Ben
    "dozen run" AHH yes----Lucas---the Prince of darkness

Actually, my current British stable is limited to 4 and 6 cylinders, I figured this would up my chances of having enough firing to limp home
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 12-15-2022 at 03:57 PM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Actually, my current British stable is limited to 4 and 6 cylinders, I figured this would up my chances of having enough firing to limp home
    Why limit yourself to 12?...At least the lights work on this one......Ben

The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

My Brother was into Jags and I was into Corvettes - until I bought an MB V-12 SL. Yet another vehicle I got rid of and then missed.

That V-16 Peterbilt is way cool.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Twelve cylinders is good for the light work

I would imagine your brother was in better shape, from walking home Hunter, something that you didn't worry about

Twelve cylinders is good for the light work
    Well, I guess if you don't like odd numbers like 16, you can always double down on a dozen if you don't mind sitting in front of a Freightliner 24V71...One of the YouTube commentators mentioned its possible use to pull the continents back together in the event of a seismic shift......Ben

i feel bad, my current cylinder count on the property is only 18...
    it's time to change the air in my head

Quote Originally Posted by Flaco View Post
    i feel bad, my current cylinder count on the property is only 18...
    I feel almost inadequate with my measly six (thank God this ain't the Bilge)......Ben

well, i put them all together.......car, truck and tractors
    it's time to change the air in my head

I'm wondering what that guys secret is to get that much power to the ground with little to no apparent slip

I'm wondering what that guys secret is to get that much power to the ground with little to no apparent slip
    Allison six-speed auto shifter feeding eight on the ground through two locked differentials plus the skill and experience from having done it a few times......Ben

Thank you