Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zero ships waiting off Southern California...

Zero ships waiting off Southern California...

So now what is the excuse for consumer prices being so high...
    Not a single container ship waited offshore of the ports of Los Angeles or Long Beach on Tuesday. It was the first time the queue had gone to zero since October 2020, in the early days of the COVID-era consumer boom.
    ...Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I just checked the East Coast ports and the same applies to them.

I suspect one reason might be that with the concern of a recession looming orders are down---nobody wants to be sitting with a big inventory of high priced goods.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

China lockdown......
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by FredK View Post
    China lockdown......
    Anything for an excuse......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I think Fred hit a big part of the cause

20% of their GDP is on lockdown.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I saw on the news yesterday that an iPhone plant in China is shutdown due to Covid. They predict a huge shortage of iphones. No big deal really, those Apple cult members will have to buy an Android phone and be converted to the one true word in phones.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Apple cult members will have to buy an Android phone and be converted to the one true word in phones.
    As long as the Apple cultists insist on having the latest bling in IPhones, and want to donate their antique, two year old orphans to the custody of this poor but honest precious metals dealer, there is no way I'll plunk down a grand on any new one......

It's the same way I scored my very nice, still functional Motorola Xoom tablets......Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    ...there is no way I'll plunk down a grand on any new one...
    Me either. I'm not one of those who has to have the latest phone. I want features and function, not envy.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I have a Galaxy that can do far more than I need for 25% of the cost of an Apple----but my grand children can afford I phones

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    I have a Galaxy that can do far more than I need for 25% of the cost of an Apple----but my grand children can afford I phones

I have a hand me down S10. the price was right: Free
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    I have a pay phone (for over 40 years) on the family room wall.. it’s just decorative now, disconnected the land line years ago..

And all this time I wanted a car phone. https://www.etsy.com/listing/1126273...n-antique-1927
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I have a pay phone (for over 40 years) on the family room wall.. it’s just decorative now, disconnected the land line years ago..
    Convert that old payphone to cellular! I think I might have to get one and hang it on my wrap around porch/outdoor kitchen/hangout area when it's not too hot or cold. That limits its use to about 2 days a year in Texas.

Dial Here.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I refuse to do business with a company whose business model is to enslave their customers to their products. Hence I have only used Samsung phones for the last three new phones and never owned an Apple product. Everybody else in my family is an apple slave. Good for them.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Convert that old payphone to cellular! I think I might have to get one and hang it on my wrap around porch/outdoor kitchen/hangout area when it's not too hot or cold. That limits its use to about 2 days a year in Texas.

Dial Here.
    BTDT.. went from land line to cellular home phone service.. no have disconnected the cellular home phone service..

Background.. I worked and retired from Long Distance Telephone.. AT&T Long Lines.. I received free long distance for life when I retired.. with the advent of fiber, bandwidth has become cheap and my free long distance became worthless.. the issue was raised at a stockholders meeting and the CEO was put on the spot, he gave the long distance people same benefits as cellular people.. so I received home cell service for $10.00 a month.. for the last two years I had the inbound calls forward to my cell.. spam was the only calls.. I disconnected it..