Thread: Compassion, loss, grief, tears

Compassion, loss, grief, tears

I was fueling my transport vehicle this afternoon and I looked up and there was this woman staring at me with a puzzled look on her face. She was familiar, it took me a few seconds to place her. She asked me if I did dialysis transports? I said yes. She said to Livermore? Yes I replied. She said she used to take her mom there. I said I know, you were were always by her side making sure she was ok. Then she said her mom passed away about a year ago ( which I knew). I asked how she was doing and she said not so good, I feel so empty inside without her (she teared up at that point).

I said she was so lucky to have you. So many of the folks that go there have been dumped in nursing homes and have no one. You returned the care and love she gave you at the beginning of your life with comfort, care and companionship at the end of hers. You were there for her when it mattered the most. You gave her a wonderful gift, we all go at some point and she went with love.

Now its time for you to live. to find something that brings you joy, to hug and love your husband and children so that they will be there for you. Your mom will always be with you in your head, share how she was with others.

Then we hugged, tears were running down her face. I said take care, she said thank you so much.

She touched something in me and I hope I was able to help her.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Well done.. you did the right thing..

Death affects different people in different ways..

Very well said, Eric, and at just the right time in someone's life......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

That is nice, TG. It's a reward for helping other people. And, at this time of year, most Americans consider their place and role in our world.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Very nice!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke