Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So sorry donnie

I'm not sure that he has to have cheated----his returns will paint a much different picture of his "wealth" than he has been painting.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Never been audited, but was asked to produce more documentation a few times.

My Brother is a business entrepreneur, often losing money during a start-up. He was audited five years in a row when he was losing money on a business he later sold for a profit. So, I can see how our IRS would look into a person claiming he lost millions of dollars.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I want to know who is paying folks who want my vote. That is absolutely relevant to fitness for office.

If he is receiving a salary from the National Man Boy Love Association, that is something I want to know. If he is receiving income from various trade groups, I want to know that. If he is campaigning on going soft on Russia because he has business dealings in Russia, yeah, that's relevant.

It is not gossip. Who pays the candidate is relevant to how he might perform in office. You want my vote? Fine, then be transparent about who you are. You are asking me to trust you with some pretty awesome power but I can only see what you decide I should see? Not gonna fly.

Dog catchers don't need to show their sources of income. So there is a cut off.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I want to know who is paying folks who want my vote. That is absolutely relevant to fitness for office.

If he is receiving a salary from the National Man Boy Love Association, that is something I want to know. If he is receiving income from various trade groups, I want to know that. If he is campaigning on going soft on Russia because he has business dealings in Russia, yeah, that's relevant.

It is not gossip. Who pays the candidate is relevant to how he might perform in office. You want my vote? Fine, then be transparent about who you are. You are asking me to trust you with some pretty awesome power but I can only see what you decide I should see? Not gonna fly.

Dog catchers don't need to show their sources of income. So there is a cut off.
    That's all fine and good, but I consider tax returns to be private, something like you consider your time in the confessional to be private. I'll keep it in mind if I ever decide to run for public office in New York that I won't get your vote.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Seem to have touched a nerve. Apologies. Wasn't my intent.

I can make an exception for you, Mike. I don't need to see your tax return to know what sort of man you are. You'd get my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Seem to have touched a nerve. Apologies. Wasn't my intent.

I can make an exception for you, Mike. I don't need to see your tax return to know what sort of man you are. You'd get my vote.
    No nerves, Kevin. I am sometimes too blunt without realizing it. I am very black and white. My apologies.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke