Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So sorry donnie

So sorry donnie

Some days are just stones:

Supreme Court Permits House Democrats to Obtain Trump’s Tax Returns

In a terse order, the Supreme Court rejected the former president’s request that it block the Treasury Department from turning over the files.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    No problem here…

If it were my tax records that they wanted.. I would have received a letter that began.. “ last month we acquired and reviewed your tax records “..

i guess they had to use those 87000 new agents somewhere .
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I would have received a letter that began.. “ last month we acquired and reviewed your tax records “..
    And ended, "Please remit your check in full promptly"......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    ...and be aware that we have liened all of your properties
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    ...and be aware that we have liened all of your properties
    Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    And note that this is just an interim measure, the investigation is continuing.. we are very puzzled and interested that someone with your education and intellect is claiming earnings above minimum wage..

Back on topic.. I thought that financial records of elected officials were disclosed..

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    And note that this is just an interim measure, the investigation is continuing.. we are very puzzled and interested that someone with your education and intellect is claiming earnings above minimum wage..

Back on topic.. I thought that financial records of elected officials were disclosed..
    It has become "normal and customary" but not required of candidates for some political offices to release their tax records----trump is not "normal"---in so many ways

Dave , I think the operative clause there is , but not required .
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

IV----it is just one more bucket of trump's lies

I think he is afraid that people will find out that much of his wealth is wishful thinking. He may be running a deficit and living off his reputation .

I still like his policies .

Quote Originally Posted by Independent Voter View Post
    I think he is afraid that people will find out that much of his wealth is wishful thinking. He may be running a deficit and living off his reputation .

I still like his policies .
    For the most part I agree with you IV.

I also don't know why people think a politician should reveal their tax returns. I think that is a private affair between the tax payer and the IRS.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

trump's problem is not as much exposing his taxes----it is in exposing all the lies they will lay bare. He ain't what he claims to be

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    trump's problem is not as much exposing his taxes----it is in exposing all the lies they will lay bare. He ain't what he claims to be
    And I still believe tax returns are a private affair. If he cheats, it is the place of the IRS to determine how much, not every Tom, Dick and Harry that wants a glimpse.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If he cheats, it is the place of the IRS to determine how much, not every Tom, Dick and Harry that wants a glimpse.
    Fodder for the grazing tabloid readers...If he's found guilty of tax fraud, that would be news......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I never thought that tax cheating was the subject.. but rather claimed tax earnings or losses compared to other statements, IE: “we had no involvement in XYZ” is stated, yet tax return shows an earning or loss for XYZ (shows involvement)..