Thread: Title 42 struck down

Title 42 struck down

From the WSJ:

WASHINGTON—A federal judge in Washington struck down a pandemic-era policy known as Title 42 that the Biden administration has used to expel migrants crossing the border illegally, a ruling that will affect the government’s efforts to slow illegal border crossings.

In a ruling Tuesday, U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan said that Title 42 was promulgated in violation of the Administrative Procedures Act, a federal law that dictates how agencies can issue regulations. Judge Sullivan said Title 42 “does not rationally serve its stated purpose in view of the alternatives,” and that the policy was therefore “arbitrary and capricious.”

The ruling came in a protracted lawsuit filed by the American Civil Liberties Union, which has argued that Title 42 violates U.S. immigration laws by denying migrants a chance to ask for asylum.
    I post this for information only---I have no skin in this game.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

At my age, no one wants to see any of my skin in any game...

So, if the Adm Rules don't apply, can Congress simply pass a law strengthening the border? Where'd our lawyer go?

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead