Thread: Musk and Twitter

Musk and Twitter

I think he is out to bankrupt the company to slide out from his obligations.

He is firing people left and right, telling the ones left to be prepared to owe their souls to the the company story or get out. Lots of people are taking the second option. Pretty soon, no one will be left to run the place.

I think he made his bid as a prank and gulped hard when it was accepted. He has tried to slip out from that in all sorts of ways, only following through when compelled, so I think he's trying to bankrupt the company so he can cut his losses.

The company was founded on an idiotic premise...Why would people expose themselves to public ridicule by typing out whatever ridiculous thought crossed their minds and showing the world what fools they are?...How do they make money anyway?...Do people pay to be on there?...I just flat don't get it...

Somebody once asked me if I tweet...Hell, I can't even whistle......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Musk is a fascinating person. He's typically successful and has launched many complex and innovative economic projects. In particular, I'm impressed with his Boring Company. And, he was part of the anti-apartheid movement.

But, even Musk cannot succeed at everything he does financially. And, Twitter ain't looking good at this point. A failure there won't ruin him. And, he's young enough to do even more interesting things.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

apparently 75% of the employees left after he laid off half of the staff have told twitter to stuff Musk's fealty ultimatum and have walked out. The company doors are now shut

https://www.sfgate.com/tech/article/...s-17593462.php
    Last edited by TriGuy; 11-17-2022 at 10:31 PM.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

When you have his money you can spend a whole lot just to screw with people. I actually think it's a game for him.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    When you have his money you can spend a whole lot just to screw with people. I actually think it's a game for him.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Not even on the site or care.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Ahhh... yes, Blazing Saddles. As I recall, Mel Brooks told the studio he'd take out parts the studio didn't like - then left it all in. And, the film was so successful, the studio didn't complain at all.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead