Thread: What possible reason could there be?...

What possible reason could there be?...

For this incident?...
    Twenty-five law enforcement recruits for various agencies across Los Angeles County were injured, five critically, after a Honda CR-V going the wrong way plowed into them and hit a light pole during their morning run in Whittier, authorities said.

The suspect underwent a sobriety test at the scene and was taken into custody. LA County Sheriff Alex Villanueva confirmed the suspect passed the breathalyzer test.
    It's just inexcusable......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I don't get it either
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

In an update several of the recruits have lost limbs

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...r-many-injured
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

If he was not drunk, they didn't say anything about drugs, then that would lead one to speculate that it may have been purposeful. Anyway it goes this is just about as bad as it gets.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

You get close to and become friends with your academy brothers and sisters. Wifey and I still see our fellow students. To this day, if one of them dies or is injured, all of us respond.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Not making excuses but it could have been a medical emergency or a mechanical failure. He could have been playing with his phone. Might have some other source of distraction.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Not making excuses but it could have been a medical emergency or a mechanical failure. He could have been playing with his phone. Might have some other source of distraction.
    With that in mind, it will be interesting to see how this and the airshow disaster this past weekend play out since those scenarios could have occurred in both instances......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    With that in mind, it will be interesting to see how this and the airshow disaster this past weekend play out since those scenarios could have occurred in both instances......Ben
    Certainly could. Those and more. And it could have been done on purpose for what are currently unknown reasons. We may never know.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Whatever the cause you can bet they'll get to the bottom of it.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

There seems to be enough probable cause to hold him...With bail set at $2M......Ben

I like that our Criminal Justice system is involved. That way, victims and the accused can be heard - and try to move on.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

driver under arrest

Video shows the driver hitting the recruits

https://www.nbcnews.com/now/video/wr...d-154141253578
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Now released from custody......Ben

If the suspect's vehicle was manufactured recently, the onboard computer could be analyzed for info. Or, perhaps other videos will be found.

I found it interesting that the class was comprised of 75 students. In my state, we limit class size to about 30 students max, which is more manageable. One of my Nephews recently graduated from our Peace Officer academy in a class of 15 students.

Hunter