Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this the new definition of accuracy in Russia?...

Is this the new definition of accuracy in Russia?...

Missile strikes intended for Ukraine land in Poland...
    A senior U.S. intelligence official said missiles crossed into NATO member Poland, where two people were killed.

A second person confirmed to The Associate Press that apparent Russian missiles struck a site in Poland about 15 miles from the Ukrainian border.
    Poland, a member nation of NATO, has now been struck by a mad dictator who no longer cares about collateral damage in his aggression......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Missile strikes intended for Ukraine land in Poland...Poland, a member nation of NATO, has now been struck by a mad dictator who no longer cares about collateral damage in his aggression......Ben
    Will that be the start of WWIII? Remember, attack one NATO country and you've attacked us all. How does collateral damage fit in to the pledge?
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Naw, the missile strike will be declared "a mistake" and "inadvertent aiming error" or some such and nothing will happen. Unless Russia cops to deliberate provocation, which they will never do, it will be smoothed over.

The next time it happens, however, will be a different story. But no one wants NATO involved, not us and not Putin. ****, he can't handle Ukraine, why would he look for more pain?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Naw, the missile strike will be declared "a mistake" and "inadvertent aiming error" or some such and nothing will happen. Unless Russia cops to deliberate provocation, which they will never do, it will be smoothed over.

The next time it happens, however, will be a different story. But no one wants NATO involved, not us and not Putin. ****, he can't handle Ukraine, why would he look for more pain?
    Agreed
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

It is damn hard to imagine that hitting something 15 miles into Poland was a "mistake"
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Mistakes were made, others will be blamed...And the two dead Poles shouldn't have been standing so close to a war zone......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I'm betting Putin's allies (yes, he does have them) will figure out a way to blame Ukraine's leadership.

If I recall, there was a comment yesterday here about the Press not reporting the news. That's likely happening now. TASS, et al., will likely gloss over any war items deemed damaging to Russia.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Looks like y'all jumped for the easy fruit a bit early .
    Seams that the missiles were fired from the Ukraine . NOT Russia
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

Quote Originally Posted by Independent Voter View Post
    Still Russia's fault
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Independent Voter View Post
    Don't relax too much, IV. NATO says Russia bears responsibility even if it was a Ukrainian fired missile. This isn't over.

NATO's chief said that Moscow, not Kyiv was ultimately to blame, for starting the war in the first place and launching the attack that triggered Ukraine's defences.

"This is not Ukraine's fault. Russia bears ultimate responsibility as it continues its illegal war against Ukraine," NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg told reporters in Brussels.
    REUTERS
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Play the blame game all you want . All I was saying was Russia DID NOT , DID NOT , fire the missiles .

I fully acknowledge that Russia is in the wrong . I just pointed out that they did not fire the missiles .
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

I'm missing something IV---what is your point in being so emphatic about this?

My point being , that what the Russians have and are doing is bad enough . jumping to conclusions about them shooting ,missiles into a NATO country is a sure way to put American Forces into the conflict .

Money and weapons I , although reluctantly " can live with . Body bags arriving at McGuire I cannot.

Got it, thank you.

I don't know that there was a huen cry to jump into a war.

It's important NATO remain solid on this issue - and their leader does fault Russia for starting the war.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead